Have you ever been involved in moving? If you have, you will agree with me that it’s a demanding activity which needs a lot of care, patience and hard work. There are different reasons why people move e.g. death of a family member, job, marriage and maybe life crisis.
The needs and involvement of moving when you’ve a big family or a lot of pets is more because there are a lot of items and factors to be taken care of compared to when you have a small family. The only thing which can help you at this moment is a professional mover who will make your transition process easy and bearable.
How can you get the most affordable movers? Here are some tips which will direct you into settling down for a good mover:
- You should understand that there are two types of movers or moving companies i.e. flat rate mover and hourly charging movers.
- Enquire about the type of mover to avoid hiring the wrong type and get overcharged. Hiring a mover who charges hourly thinking he is a flat mover could amount into a lot of money especially if you take a lot of time when moving.
- To make the best choice between hourly and flat rate movers, you should consider the distance you will travel.
- When moving to long distances, a flat rate mover is the best option because it’s affordable and you won’t worry due to time taken. However, you should have more than one quote to determine the most affordable mover to hire.
- To get the best mover, enquire about the services they offer together with moving. You may end up having a mover who will help you in packing, loading, offloading, unpacking and cleaning your new home at an affordable cost. This is a better choice than just hiring a company which has limited services.
- It is also advisable to ask the movers or the moving company about the tools used in moving. You should know whether they provide moving tools e.g. packing boxes, tapes, ramps, straps etc. before making a decision.
Most professional movers will have these tools and hence you won’t have to worry a lot. However, if the mover does not have these tools, you should not hire them because the safety of your items will not be guaranteed. Necessary tools and equipment are a key to ensuring safety of items in transit.
- You can get referrals from your friends or family members. If you have any close friend or family member who moved recently, you can inquire about the mover to know whether they are reliable and affordable too.
- Using internet, you can check the reviews, comments and ratings of your mover to determine their quality of services. A good mover has good comments and reviews from previous clients and you should therefore check the previous dealings of your mover.
- Find out if your mover has a compensation insurance to be covered in case your items gets lost or damaged when moving.
- Lastly, get references from previous customers to know what to expect from your mover. Also, check their insurance and certificates to make sure that they are legitimate.